Why drive all the way to Santa Barbara County or Paso Robles when you can have an incredibly fun and fascinating wine tasting weekend an hour north of Los Angeles? The Ventura County Wine Trail links together Camarillo, Oxnard and Ventura for one exceptional culinary experience. Take a self-guided drive to meet local winemakers, or book a wine tour and leave the driving to someone else!
Ventura’s dining scene is thriving as artisan chefs are setting up eateries that celebrate the region’s abundance of fresh local seafood and locally grown produce.
Five favorites include:
- Aloha Steakhouse – Oceanfront setting, great steaks & seafood
- Anacapa Brewing Company – Tasty brews and pub food
- Café Zack – Intimate atmosphere, amazing food
- Jolly Oyster – Fresh oysters on the beach
- The Cave – Gourmet small plates and wine tasting adjacent to a wine shop
Oxnard’s multicultural influences and farming heritage blend to create an abundance of international fare including Mexican, Brazilian, Thai and Italian.
Five tasty favorites:
- Cabo Seafood Grill & Cantina – Mexican, tortillas & guacamole made to order
- La Dolce Vita – Italian cuisine in an historic house
- Moqueca Brazilian Cuisine – Clay pots brimming with seafood stew
- Sugar Beets – California cuisine fused with spicy Mexican influences
- Tierra Sur – Mediterranean cuisine, kosher-style at Herzog Wine Cellars
Camarillo is coming into its own as a dining destination with wine bars, brew pubs and Old Town eateries.
- Bandit’s Bar & Grill – great spot for BBQ, drinks and family fun
- Twenty 88 – Tapas and wine in Old Town
- Safire – An American bistro
- Sheila’s Place – Charming restaurant & wine bar
- Verona Trattoria – Fresh Italian in Old Town