Event End Date
Marriott Ventura Beach
Calling all Young Professionals between the ages of 21-40! The Ventura YPG is putting on one heck of an event in October and you do not want to miss it. The Ventura YPG is proud to present their inaugural Professional Development Conference titled, “Business at the Beach.” In the past, our YPG used to present professional development seminars on a quarterly basis, but this year, we are switching gears and putting all that incredible education into one action-packed day.
This year’s conference is centered around “Intrapreneurship and Professional Development.” We all have terrific ideas that could probably make us millions of dollars, but not everyone is able to get that startup off the ground, well that is where this year’s conference comes into play – our speakers will be discussing a variety of topics that will not only help you launch your products and ideas into million dollar businesses, but will also give you the tools and confidence to go to your boss and say, “Sir/Ma’am, I have a terrific idea that will make our company extremely successful in the long run.” In addition to bringing the ideas behind entrepreneurism back into the workplace, our speakers will also be presenting on topics that will help you in your everyday lives as you continue to develop professionally. Just what are these incredible topics that you will be hearing from these incredible speakers? Topics such as:
• Award Winning Introductions – Crafting and Perfecting your Elevator Pitch, presented by Linda McCarthy, Executive Director of BNI Ventura County
• Business Planning using the Lean Startup Methodology, presented by Ken Norland and Phil Bardos of SCORE Ventura County
• Making the Transition from Employee to Manager, presented by Sam Hishmeh, Founder & CEO of Hishmeh Enterprises
• Developing Adaptive Marketing Strategies, presented by Scott Harris, Founder & President of Mustang Marketing
• How to Properly Secure Seed Funding, presented by Mike Panesis, Executive Director for the Center of Entrepreneurship at California Lutheran University
• Introduction to Local Government and Conquering Public Politics to Support Your Business, presented by Sandy Smith, Land Use Consultant at SESPE Consulting
• Benefits of Community Partnerships, presented by Joe Schroeder and Bonnie Weigel of Ventura County Credit Union and FOOD Share
• How to Properly Negotiate your Salary, presented by one of Cal Lutheran’s most distinguished Economics professors
• And much, much more….
In addition to these workshops, we will also be presenting a special panel of local entrepreneurs and business leaders who will be discussing their professional journeys; this panel will be emceed by Doreen Shanahan of Pepperdine University.
Where else are you going to get the opportunity to meet Ventura County’s premiere entrepreneurs and business leaders, receive an incredible education, and network with like-minded individuals all in one day? This is definitely one you do not want to miss! Business at the Beach will be held on October 8th at the Marriott Ventura Beach, located on 2055 East Harbor Blvd. in Ventura, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Take advantage of our ‘Early Tide’ special and pay only $99 before August 31st; the price will go up to $125 after that so take advantage while you can. Currently enrolled college students may be eligible for additional discounts, call Vadim at the Chamber, (805) 643-7222 for more information.
To learn more information about this great event, please visit http://venturachamber.com/businessatthebeach/, or call the Ventura Chamber at the number listed above and ask for Vadim. To register online, please visit http://ventura.chambermaster.com/events/details/business-at-the-beach-intrapreneurship-professional-development-4919.
Interested in being a sponsor and/or exhibitor at the conference? Call the Chamber at the number listed above for more information.
The mission of the Ventura Young Professionals Group is “To provide a platform for young professionals to develop professionally and to cultivate relationships through social networking.” To learn more about Ventura YPG or to get involved today, please visit us at http://venturachamber.com/who-we-are/committees/ypg/, and make sure to like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VenturaYPG.