Stroll along miles of pristine, unspoiled California beaches. Rent a kayak or small electric boat to explore the harbor. Take a boat trip to Channel Islands National Park. Savor fresh seafood - or catch your own - on a Channel Islands sportfishing excursion. Fabulous weather at the harbor makes Ventura County West a great destination for waterfront fun all year round!
Oxnard’s Channel Islands Harbor offers sailing, kayaking, sportfishing and boat tours for visitors. For a day at the beach, head to Oxnard Beach Park. Favorite waterfront activities:
- Bird watching at McGrath State Beach Park
- Channel Islands sportfishing excursions
- Kayaking in Channel Islands Harbor
- Seafaring adventure aboard the “Bill of Rights” tall ship
- Paddle & electric boat rentals
Ventura, long known as a surfing paradise due to its unique south-facing waterfront and "breaks" that produce incredible waves, has beachfront access stretching from Surfer's Point to Ventura Harbor. Favorite waterfront activities:
- Biking along the Ventura Promenade
- Fishing from Ventura Pier
- Catching the waves at Surfers Point
- Paddling around Ventura Harbor
- Exploring Ventura Harbor Village
If Camarillo is your home base – you’re just 10 to 15 minutes away from beaches and waterfront activities in both Ventura and Oxnard. Point Mugu State Park along Pacific Coast Highway 1 provides a dramatic lookout point for Ventura County West visitors.
More inspiring ideas for Outdoor Recreation