Having tent stakes are a great way of keeping your tent upright. The best part is that once you use the right tent stake, you don’t have to worry about using other kinds of tent stakes because the tent stake that you use will keep your tent up for as long as you want.
That is why I have come up with a guide to tent stakes. We will cover what kind of best tent stakes that you can use on certain surfaces and we will introduce you to different tent stake products.
Table of Contents
- 1 Buying guide to tent stakes: which tent stakes are the best for your needs.
- 2 Top 10 Best Tent Stake on the Market Today
- 2.1 1.Ridgeline 10X Tent Stakes & Bag
- 2.2 2. Sportneer 10x Tent Stakes with Reflective Rope and Carrying Pouch, Red
- 2.3 3. All one tech Pack of 12, 7075 Aluminium Outdoors Tent Stakes Pegs
- 2.4 4. Tent Tools - Unique Propeller Premium Tent Stakes & Bag
- 2.5 5. Tripmas Premium Aluminum Tent Stakes 10 Pack
- 2.6 6. KINGLAKE 6 Pcs 9" Aluminum Alloy Tent Stakes.
- 2.7 7. Kungix Tent Stakes Pegs 7” Aluminium Alloy with Reflective Rope 10-Piece
- 2.8 8. GEERTOP 10 Pack 7-in Aluminum Tent Pegs Stakes
- 2.9 9. TNH Outdoors 10X Aluminum Tri-Beam Tent Stakes and Bag
- 2.10 1. Tripmas Ultralight 7075 Aluminum Tent Stakes Rhombic Tent Pegs with Pull Cords & Pouch, 10 Pack
- 3 Conclusion.
Buying guide to tent stakes: which tent stakes are the best for your needs.
Standard round wire stake.
This stake is perfect for grass surfaces. What you will generally find with these kinds of stakes is that the longer and thicker the stakes are, the stronger the stake will be.
The main weakness of this stake is that it cannot be stuck in gravel. That is because the stake tends to bend in rock covered surfaces. So use this stake when you are at one of those camping sites where there are lots of patchy grass surfaces.
Skewer stakes are similar to screws. The idea behind this stake is to hold the tent on softer surfaces i.e provides more grip.
These are the kinds of stakes that are great in most soils except for rock soils. They are distinctively long so the stake can stay in the ground in soft soils, especially sand.
This is another stake that is designed for soft soils, but it also works well on gravel surfaces as well.
This is the kind of peg that you want for all conditions. This peg is considered a modern stake because it was only a recently developed stkae, but many campers have said that it is the best stake for all types of surfaces.
This stake is best for the people who do not have much money to buy any other kind of peg, however other pegs are just as suitable depending on where you go on your camping trips.
Top 10 Best Tent Stake on the Market Today
1.Ridgeline 10X Tent Stakes & Bag
- Easy to pull out
- Does not stand out from other tent stakes on the market very well.
This aluminum stake is one of the best stakes on the market if you want to have a stake that does not break every time that you stomp on the stake. This is partly because the aluminium material that it is made out of makes the stake stronger.
However, it is the y-shaped design of this stake is what makes it such a durable stake. This ensures that the stake will not bend easily and along with the pull cord, makes using this stake easy to use.
2. Sportneer 10x Tent Stakes with Reflective Rope and Carrying Pouch, Red
- Triangular stake design.
- Storage pouch included.
- Does not stand out from other stakes on the market very well, apart from the triangular design.
What there is to like about this stake is that it has the triangular shaped design for the body of the stake. What this means is that this stake provides durability and stability just from the v-shaped design of the stake.
Not only does it come with the pull-out cords and the red color, but there is a storage pouch that can make sure that the stakes are stored properly. No problem with fiddling with different bags just to get the stakes out when you have a dedicated stake pouch to store your stakes.
3. All one tech Pack of 12, 7075 Aluminium Outdoors Tent Stakes Pegs
- Made out of 7075 aluminium.
- 7 inches long.
- Does not stand out from all the other products on the market.
This is the kind of stake that you want if you want to have a strong and long-lasting stake, but it is lightweight at the same time. This stake is made out of 7075 aluminum, which is one of the lightest aluminums around.
Plus, the stake is about 7 inches long. Just long enough to put your tent firmly in the ground with this stake.Tent Tools - Unique Propeller Premium Tent Stakes & Bag
4. Tent Tools - Unique Propeller Premium Tent Stakes & Bag
- Reflective pull out string.
- 7 inch in length.
- Anchors in the ground easy.
- Does not stand up very well in wind.
These are nice little stakes that are made out of aerospace grade aluminum. Many people who have used this product have said that this is a great product that can hold by itself in the wind and in the desert. This may have to do with the 7 inch stake that allows it to be anchored into the ground easily and pulled out properly using a pull up string.
The pull up string is also something in itself as well. It is reflective so that you can see them at night. If you have to do something at night and it requires you to step out of your tent, at least you will be able to see the tent stakes while you are out and about while camping at night.
5. Tripmas Premium Aluminum Tent Stakes 10 Pack
- Eight inches
- Comes with its own pouch.
- Aluminum metal.
Here’s the thing about these eight inch stakes – they are skewer stakes that are perfect for making the most of softer surfaces. Coming in their very own oxford fabric designed pouch, this tent stake has all the strength that you need within a one-ounce stake.
6. KINGLAKE 6 Pcs 9" Aluminum Alloy Tent Stakes.
- Allows ropes up to 4mm dia. Ropes to pass through the stake.
- 9 inches long.
- May not fit into bag easily as the stake is 9 inches long.
These stakes are well made for most surfaces. That’s thanks to the 9 inches in length provided from the stake, which makes the stake very durable and secure at the same time.
Not only that, the hole in the stake allows ropes that are around 4mm to pass through the stake; making your life easier when it comes to staking out your tent.
7. Kungix Tent Stakes Pegs 7” Aluminium Alloy with Reflective Rope 10-Piece
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Half an ounce in weight.
- Comes with reflective cord.
- Not very good for sand use.
With a lifetime guarantee coming along with this product, it is easy to see why this stake is great to use. Not only does it weigh less than half an ounce, but along with the y-shape of the stake, it is strong and stays firm in the ground.
Not only that, but with the reflective pull-up cord, you will have a great experience with using this aluminum stake.
8. GEERTOP 10 Pack 7-in Aluminum Tent Pegs Stakes
- Unique crimple design.
- Comes with own glow in the dark guy ropes.
- Aluminium adjuster included.
If there is any kind of stake out there that makes itself stand out through not just the stake itself, but also the color of the rope, then this Geertop stake is the one.
In terms of design, it has this unique crimping design that makes the stake durable but more stable with the crimple design. It also allows the stake to stay at a light weight, ensuring that your backpack is lightweight as well.
Comes with an aluminum adjuster as well to adjust rope on the stake properly.Then there is the guy ropes that glow in the dark. They are extremely strong and do not deform as easily as well. Perfect for camping in the outdoors on all kinds of surfaces.
9. TNH Outdoors 10X Aluminum Tri-Beam Tent Stakes and Bag
- Triangular design.
- Comes in a pouch.
- Can break at times.
If you are one of those people who cares about the environment, or who cares about sustainability, then this product may be for you. This TNH stake is biodegradable and was created by two scientists who are committed to protecting the environment.
As for the stakes itself, it’s triangular design ensures that the stakes are strong while not breaking up the ground because it stays in the ground for a long time. Comes in it’s own biodegradable pouch.
1. Tripmas Ultralight 7075 Aluminum Tent Stakes Rhombic Tent Pegs with Pull Cords & Pouch, 10 Pack
- Full money back guarantee.
- Half an ounce in weight.
- Comes in it’s own oxford style pouch
- Can sometimes bend very easily.
Coming in at about five different versions of this same product, this tent stake pack is extremely light at about half an ounce and it is made out of great 7075 aluminum grade metal.
Plus with full money back guarantee, this tent stake pack is guaranteed to last long due to the anodization treatment that it has gone through to ensure that the stake will last for a long time in the ground.
Buying the best tent stakes can be an insignificant, but tough job. Depending on how you camp, getting tent stakes which can help with keeping your tent in place can be a hard job. That’s why this guide is designed for – to make the lives of tent stake buyers easier.
We hope that you have enjoyed this article and we look forward to hearing from you again. Leave a message below and we’ll get back to you. All enquiries are welcome.